Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Daddy & his boys during Bible time

The last 7 or so weeks Charles has had to really take on the bedtime routine with the big boys.  Before having Luke Charles and I would both be involved in putting the boys to bed... I would brush their teeth while Charles helped them go potty.  Charles would read the Bible story and then we would all pray individually.  Most evenings 7-7:30 is normally when he wants to eat which prevents me from being able to help out.  This particular night, however, Luke must have been off a little bit and we were able to take part in the boy's normal nighttime routine... once the boys brushed their teeth, went potty and had a sip of water it was time to pile onto Jacob's bed for Bible and prayer time.  It was so cute sitting on the other bed looking at all 4 of the men in my life reading Bible stories and snuggling.  Both of the boys loved having the entire family in their room.  But Chase was especially excited that his little baby was in his room for Bible story time that he couldn't keep his hands off of Luke.
All the boys reading a Bible story together before bed.
Chase loving his baby brother being with him for Bible story time and bedtime prayers!
Big boys saying prayers with Luke & sharing their snuggie and bear-bear!

I'm so thankful for a husband who is so involved in my boy's lives.  He never hesitates to help out with whatever is needed and looks forward to these times with his boys at the end of the day.  I love spending time as a family and having the opportunity to teach these boys the Bible and share with them the love their Heavenly Father has for them.  I'm even more thankful that His love is unconditional and even though I fail Him over and over He loves me despite my imperfections and failures.  That is the kind of love we strive every day to show our boys so that one day they will have that same kind of love for their wives and children!

3 comments:

  1. He must kin to the Wilhelm Men who are some of the best Fathers in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i had ano idea you were running a blog! shows what kind of friend I am. It was so good to see you guys the other night! Can we have your mailing address?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, now you know :) It was so great to see you guys too... we have really missed y'all and will miss you even more now that you'll be so far away. I sent Erin our address through FB. Will be praying for y'all and keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete