Friday, October 1, 2010

Brothers & Best Buds!

On March 13, 2008 Chase became a big brother.  He was only 14 months old.  In Chase's little world, Jacob is around to play and have fun with, to get into trouble with and I hope those boys will be best friends for life!  The big boys have so much fun right now pretending together... they can pretend to be doing something forever and I love it!  The other day they were pretending to be at school, they both had their lunch boxes and they were pretending to have circle time, lunch time and time to go outside.  They probably did this for a good hour, playing so happily together and getting along so great.  There are days, however, that I feel like I need to be wearing a black and white striped shirt and that I need a whistle hanging around my neck.  There are days that I feel like all I do is break up fights and diffuse arguments.  But for the most part, these two big boys get along so well and love having a playmate around at all times!!  Then, on August 17, 2010 Jacob also became a big brother.  He has taken to his roll perfectly.  He has never shown any aggression towards the baby and only wants to give him lots of loves and hold him.  He comes up to me when I'm holding or feeding Luke and he says, "Awe, he's so cute and cuddly!"  It melts my heart to know how much he already loves his little brother and how much he loves being a big brother.   I look at my three boys and can't get over the joy and love I have for each of them.  The Lord knew exactly what he was doing in choosing us to parents these three and what a responsibility it is.  Charles and I can't get over how blessed we are with these three boys.  We pray every day that they will grow up to be best buds, that they will challenge each other, be supportive of each other, that they will be loving and grow up to be strong, Christian men.  I pray every day for the women that these boys will marry one day, I pray that as they grow up they will learn how to be great husbands and great fathers but most importantly how to be the leaders in their communities as well as in their families that the Lord wants them to be.
Just after coming home from the hospital... the boys would not leave his side, even when he was on the billi bed they would lay right next to him and talk to him, sing to him and love on him by touching the top of his head gently!  
 Having a brother means you'll always have a playmate.  Can't wait to see how Luke fits in to the mix when he gets old enough.  I have a feeling he will fit right in :)
The big boys love playing with Luke.  Now that he is starting to interact a little bit they love to talk to him and try their hardest to get a smile out of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment