Saturday, May 29, 2010

Making "the move"

Over the last few weeks I have been busy moving toys out of Chase & Jacob's room and up into the bonus room.  I knew that once we moved Jacob into Chase's room, there wouldn't be room for more than the two beds.  The room upstairs is basically theirs (expect for when Nana & Pop-Pop come to visit) and they love it!!  The majority of their toys are upstairs, there is a bed to rest on, a tv they can turn on (with my permission), and all the books and trains they could ever need.  The last two days they have spent most of their awake time up there and it has been so nice!  They are learning to put things back where they belong, with a little guidance, and I'm hoping to keep it organized.  I tried to sneak up on the boys yesterday and this is what I found... Chase reading The Little Train That Could to Jacob while watching Franklin.

So far they have played nicely together.  I took the video monitor out of their bedroom (mainly because I would rather not know who is waking who up!) and I put it upstairs so when they are up there I can somewhat keep an eye on them.  They are so cute to listen to as they carry on conversations with each other and pretend together.

To make room for Luke, the boys now share a bedroom.  I was anxious going into last night and for good reason.  Jacob is still very young and we have to keep that in mind as we get through this "adjustment period".  They normally are in bed by 7:45 and asleep by 8:15 at the latest.  Last night, however, they went to bed at their normal time and at 10:20 they were FINALLY asleep.  We probably went in 10 times last night to either remind them of what was expected or discipline if one or both were out of bed.  The next picture was just after reading Bible story, saying prayers, and kisses.  If only the had stayed that way once the door shut!

You would think that going to sleep 2 hours later would mean sleeping in just a little the next morning... nope!  6:40 we heard them laughing and they were both up for the day!  I know it's just all new and that eventually the novelty will wear off... we're just praying for patience and wisdom as to how to handle certain situations in the meantime!!  I must admit... the room looks so adorable with their matching fire trucks. 





Chase's side of the room







Jacob's side of the room


We even got new fan pulls (that we have needed since installing the fans a year ago) that are fire trucks.... I love them!


Now the task of sorting through EVERYTHING in Jacob's old room.  Lots to throw out, lots to put into the correct clothes bins, and lots of organizing to do before Luke joins the family.  It will feel SO good to get that room ready for our newest member... then maybe I can relax a little the rest of the summer :)

2 comments:

  1. I love the firetrucks--what at fun room for Chase and Jacob!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those 2 boys are precious! I'm kind of hoping our next one will be a boy because I'd love for them to be good buddies like Jacob and Chase are! The firetruck room is so sweet --and a bonus room--I dream of those kind of rooms!! Must be nice!

    ReplyDelete