Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Busy few weeks

We have had a very busy last few weeks.  I feel like that is the story of our lives, and I know that as the boys get older things are not going to slow down!  Last week I hit a "nesting/cleaning" phase and got a lot done around the house.  By Thursday though, my back was done.  My parents came into town Thursday evening to stay with the boys while Charles and I took off for Tennessee.  It was an amazing weekend, for us, for the boys, and for Nana & Pop-Pop!  We enjoyed a few days of not having to think about naps and what our boys needed but we sure did miss them!!  We called a few times each day and got to talk to them.  Chase carried on entire conversations about his day and Jacob did well answering any questions we asked.  Their days were full as Nana & Pop-Pop kept them busy.  They read tons of books, went to the zoo, went to the park, read books, played, went out to breakfast, went on walks, rode bikes, and read more books. :)  Nana & Pop-Pop were exhausted by the end of the weekend but made some great memories with these two grandsons.  The following picture was taken a few weeks ago when we visited Nana & Pop-Pop in Hilton Head.  The boys love any and all the time they can get with their Nana & Pop-Pop!!

Things haven't quite slowed down since being home.  We have really enjoyed having our friend, Madilyn, over to play every day this week while her Grandma is out of town.  Becky has been dropping her off just after breakfast and picking her up after naps so the boys have had a lot of time playing with their friend.  She has really taken to Chase.  Today Chase was sitting on the floor just before nap time and I noticed that Madilyn kept rubbing his head.  Next thing I knew it she was sitting on his lap.  They just sat there snuggling while Chase watched his show.  It was too cute!!
I love this picture of Madilyn looking up to Jacob.  He seems SO big next to her!  I am amazed at how well this one year old, two year old, and three year old get along!!

The 3 kids on the look out!  They didn't want to miss a thing! :)

Two more weeks and the summer will be here!  Charles is so ready for this school year to be over.  He will have a week home before summer school starts and then he will have a few more weeks home before going to a training in Greenville the end of July.  Once he's done with that it will be time to meet Luke.  It's crazy to think how quickly the time is going to go by this summer and before we know it we will be a family of 5, parents to 3 little boys!!  I can't wait!  There is a lot to do though between now and then.  The biggest being Jacob's move from his own room into Chase's room.  I am a little apprehensive about that, knowing that one will always be waking the other up, but the monitor is going upstairs so that I don't drive myself crazy.  I am sure it will take a few weeks for them both to adjust and I am sure we will have a few cranky days with 2 tired boys, but I am ready to tackle this hurdle and get over it so the boys can get used to a new normal before the baby comes.  They love being together and playing together so I am hoping it will be good for both of them!
Chase reading his Thomas book to Jacob.  They are so close and for the most part love being together.  I hope and pray that the bond they have only grows stronger as they grow up!!

Finally, here is a video of Chase being a baseball player!  This child is so into sports but I don't know that I have ever seen a 3 year old with the hand-eye coordination that he has (and I am not just saying that because he is my child!).  Charles works with him a lot on hitting the baseball and now that he is holding the bat right and standing the right way he can hit the ball almost every time!  The video is short and you can't really get a good idea of how hard he hits it but you can hear him hit the ball and then see how proud of himself he is!  His daddy is just as proud, if not prouder! :)

2 comments:

  1. That can't be your parents?! They look so young! Makes me jealous! Loved reading the updates and I will always be grateful to you for your kindnesses in White House, Tenn.!

    What do you need for baby #3? and don't tell me "nothing"!

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are my parents at the top... they started having kids young. My mom was 21 when she had her first. We had such a great time with everyone the weekend of the wedding. Went by too fast :) We are working on getting the clothes we need for Luke... both the boys were winter babies so we don't have much that is for warm weather. So we're building a small supply of newborn and 0-3 month clothes for warmer weather. Hope to see you guys soon!!

    ReplyDelete