Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Lately

Lately, we've been super busy!  I am not sure if I have already hit the "nesting" stage or if having my parents for the weekend have put my behind in gear, but either way I have gotten so much done around the house.  Charles and I are going to Tennessee for the weekend, leaving Thursday after school.  We haven't gone away by ourselves since starting our family so we are very  much looking forward to it.  It will be very foreign to us to drive, eat, sleep, and talk without having to think about our 2 year old and our 3 year old!  We are going for the wedding of Charles' childhood best friend, who was his best man in our wedding.  We are looking forward to hopefully a lot of rest and downtime, just the two of us, as well as lots of time with friends!  I am getting lots of extra loves in though because I know I am going to miss our boys like crazy!!

Now to catch up.... Easter was a great weekend, despite the fact that Chase came down with the first of two bouts of strep throat.  Saturday morning, early, he woke up crying complaining that his throat hurt and he had spiked a high fever out of no where.  Something in me told me to take him to the weekend office and get him checked out.  I am SO glad I did because it ended up being strep throat... Amoxicillin and a good night's sleep and he was already getting back to feeling better.  At first I thought I would be going to church on Easter Sunday all by myself (which I was really bummed about) but with how much better Chase was feeling that morning we got both of the boys ready, Charles dropped me & Jacob off for Sunday School, and then Charles & Chase met me in big church.  Chase sat through the entire service without making a sound.  We were so proud of him.
Boys at Grandma's house a few days after Easter in their Easter clothes.

We finished Chase's round of antibiotics and two days later it all started again, the exact same way... so back to the doctor we went and sure enough, the Amoxicillin didn't knock it out so we went on to Omnicef.  That one did the trick and thankfully we have been healthy since then.   We have enjoyed this nice weather and have taken the boys to the playground a few times each week.  Every day when the boys go down for naps, Chase tells me he is going to take a good nap so he can have his energy for the playground! :)  Here are a few pictures of the boys having fun.


Last week Charles and I went to the doctor for my 24 week ultrasound.  Luke looks amazing and healthy and we couldn't be happier.  He was not very cooperative during the ultrasound, he was breach and had the cord right in front of his face, but we got a few really good ones.
This is a good profile picture of Luke.  He is tiny, seems to take after his big brother Chase, measuring right now in only the 12th percentile but the doctors at this point aren't too concerned.  They said I may have a few more ultrasounds to monitor his growth but it may just be that he is on the smaller side.

Lately we have wondered every night when we go in to tuck Jacob in if he is going to be in his bed or not.  A few times we have gone in late at night to tuck him in and he has been on the floor!  A few other times we have gone in and found lots of toys in his bed, which means only one thing.. that he got out of bed and played before going to sleep.  Oh well... he'll eventually learn that nighttime is not playtime! :)  This is how we found him one night... crazy kid! :)

Finally, one last picture of Chase.  You never know what you're going to get with this kid or what he is going to say, but he never fails to crack us up.  We love his personality and he definitely keeps us laughing!

No comments:

Post a Comment