Wednesday, June 9, 2010

What a big boy!!!

 
Yep, we finally made the commitment and started potty training last weekend.  We attempted training him a few months ago, just after he turned 2, but he showed us very quickly that he was not ready!  During one of his diaper changes last week, I made up my mind that I was ready for him to be potty trained and that if he could at least be day time trained before the baby comes in August that would be better than nothing at all.  This time around, he showed us he is more ready now than he was a few months ago.  The first day it took him a long time to even put tee-tee in the potty but on day #2 he would sit down on the potty and go right away.  Thank goodness!!!  We still haven't figured out the whole pooping thing yet.  He will go a tiny bit after each meal but nothing like his normal that he'd do in his diapers so I'm hoping that begins soon.  I am starting to get a little worried about him getting too "backed up" (sorry if that is TMI)!  He is very proud that he is wearing big boy pants all day (except for naps and nighttime) and I am so proud that we have only had 2 minor accidents since starting 5 days ago.  He loves being like Chase so I'm hoping that will only keep helping our case. I couldn't be happier with his progress and I hope it will continue and get easier and easier with each day.
 

On a different note, we bought this play set today for the backyard.  I can't wait for the boys to be able to just go out our back door and have lots of fun playing, especially once Luke comes.
Adventure Play Sets Columbia Wooden Swing Set 





2 comments:

  1. Go Jacob!! Love the new playset! The boys are going to have so much fun on it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that picture of Jacob on the potty! It is so cute! The playset is so exciting! I'm sure you just gave yourself the gift of sanity as well as they will be entertained while you take care of Luke!

    ReplyDelete