Thursday, May 26, 2011

Chase's New Tricks

As we are getting closer and closer to Chase being in school (which won't be for another school year, thank goodness!) we are starting to work more and more with him on various things.  He is able to recognize all of his letters, is learning the sounds that go with each letter, can count to twenty and is learning to recognize all of his numbers.  Last week when I was at the store I saw a pad of lined paper and thought this was as good of a time as any for Chase to start learning how to write his letters on lined paper as opposed to plain paper.  He loves the time to sit down and do his writing and it makes him feel so old!   Tonight I wrote out five or six words for him to write and learn and he caught on so quickly!!  After seeing a word just one time it then becomes a sight word which is amazing!  I have a feeling this child may be pretty good in school! :)  He really doesn't have much of a choice seeing that he has a mom and a dad who are both teachers!!!


This makes me so proud and I love to seeing him learn.  Even more I love to see how excited he gets about learning new things and how proud of himself he gets!  I'm thankful for the chance to have him home with me for one more year before sending him off to school.  Now I just need to decide whether or not to send him to preschool next year!!  Decisions, decisions ...

No comments:

Post a Comment