Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Best Friends

Chase and Jacob have gotten to the point where they really love being with their friends.  The boys love sharing their toys and love playing out back with their friends.  There is one family in particular that we love to see every week... they were the first friends that we made when we moved to Columbia.  Irene and the kids moved away to D.C. for a while just before we moved into our house but they are back now and we are taking advantage of having them back!!  A few weeks ago I kept Emily & Caleb for Irene while she went to run a few errands and the boys had such a great time!!
The kids enjoyed having a snack together while coloring at the kitchen table.  They loved playing soccer outside and swinging on the swing set.  Then when it was time for lunch we pulled the picnic table over and put up the umbrella.  They sat there together and had lunch.  Their conversations were so fun to listen to... they had a blast!!! 

The times we get together with the Jones family is great for the boys but also so great for me because their mommy is one of my closest friends, who understands me and loves me for who I am.  She is such an encouragement to me and I'm so thankful for her!!  When we were new to Columbia we were living with Charles' parents, we had not found Shandon yet and didn't have many friends.  I ended up going to a morning Bible study at Northeast Pres and that is where I met Irene.  At that time I had a 8 month old and a two year old.  There were a few times that just getting to Bible study and getting the boys where they needed to be was all I could handle... Irene was right there to give me a hug and offer encouragement.  It was no mistake that I met Irene when I did... her two kids are also 15 months apart and the Lord really used her in my life at that time to help get me through!!  Thank you, Irene, for all the time we get to spend together and for being the kind of friend who challenges me as a mom and as a child of God, who is always there to listen and offer advice when needed and for loving me and my family the way you do!!  You are such a blessing to me and my family!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment