Thursday, April 28, 2011

Cousins Together in Columbia

We are just now finally adjusting to all the fun and excitement that we've had over the last few weeks... what fun it was to have Sarah and the kids come stay with us in Columbia.  I never thought that we'd have them at our house and get to show them how we do things at our home but it just so happened that we got that chance a few weeks ago.  Sarah left Maryland where she had been staying with her mom, drove to North Carolina to visit one of her great friends and then headed here from there.  They got to our house on Saturday and we spent the next 4 days having so much fun!!  The kids lived out back... it was so nice to throw their crocs on and send them out the door and not have to worry about a thing!  When they were inside it was for either food or a nap! :)  Monday morning we took the opportunity to show them around our zoo, Riverbanks Zoo.  What fun we had!!  (I walked out the door that morning without my phone AND my camera but thankfully Sarah had her camera with her so we got a few pictures of the fun!!)
There was one elephant that morning that was definitely showing off for us and it was something I had never seen in all the times I had been to the zoo.  The elephant was up on some rocks (not where the elephant should have been standing) and reaching his trunk up as high as he could into the trees.  It was actually pretty cool to watch... we were "up close and personal" and the kids got a kick out of being able to see into the elephant's mouth!!
The kids had so much fun together!!  We had my double stroller (heavy!) that carried Luke and one of the big kids and then we took our wagon (even heavier!!).  Poor Sarah literally had to drag that thing around the entire zoo... something was not right with the wheels and it wouldn't turn very easily.  I think we both got a good work out that day! :)  Sarah got some really cute pictures that I love... the one in the bottom left corner of this last collage I must have really loved... I used it in both collages I made but was too lazy to go back and fix it! ;)
By this time all the kids and both of us were tired and hot.  We took one last picture together and then went to buy the kids a nice cold treat!  It was my boy's first time having Dippin Dots and they LOVED them!!!  Our zoo day was so much fun!!  It was a little crazy with 6 kids and only 2 adults (we got a few funny looks every time we'd go out on our own from having 6 kids so close in age!) but we managed and everyone had a great time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment