Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Today Marks the First of Many :)

Tonight after dinner Charles and I changed Chase's clothes and got him ready for his very first baseball practice.  We have been talking about it for a while now and Charles has really been working with Chase leading up to his very first baseball season.  We went out a month or so ago and bought him his very first glove, a bat and a few balls that they use for t-ball.  He was so proud of his very first glove!!
Then on Saturday Chase and I went out to find some baseball pants.  He was so excited to have "real" pants to wear for baseball and loved trying them on.  When we got home we had to put them on for Daddy to see and then Chase had to get his hat and glove to complete the ensemble.  You can see just how proud of himself he was!!
The crocs had to be put back on.... but tonight for his very first practice he wore his tennis shoes.  I looked for little cleats for him to wear but the stores around here didn't have any small enough for him!  I think I am lucky to have found some pants that weren't falling off. :)
He definitely looked the part as he walked out the door tonight.  Daddy took him and is volunteering as a "parent helper".... Charles doesn't think he would do well as a coach but I think he is wrong, very wrong!  He is so good at helping the kids learn and is so patient with them.  Aunt Anna, Uncle Jake, the two little boys and I went out to watch the last half of practice tonight and Chase did a great job listening and doing exactly what his coaches asked of him.  The only thing we noticed that he needs to work on is staying in line when waiting to have batting practice.  He kept stepping out of line to see what the batter was doing and instead of getting back where he was he would go to the back every time!  I guess he didn't want anyone thinking he was cutting them in line! :)

So, I sent Chase out to his very first baseball practice tonight... as they pulled away I thought that this is probably the first of many, many baseball practices in my future!!  And a week from Saturday will be our first of many baseball games ... and honestly, I'm perfectly fine with that!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, he is sooo cute in his baseball outfit! I can't wait for Caleb to start:)...although he definitely needs some practice before he begins!!

    ReplyDelete