Thursday, June 2, 2011

On the Move

When Chase was a baby I pushed him and couldn't wait for him to do the next thing... whether that was crawling, pulling up or walking I couldn't wait!!  Then when Jacob was a baby he was a little later in doing those things and I remember asking Dr. Shrouds about it at the time.  His response was that he'll do it when he is ready and to appreciate and enjoy the time where he wasn't able to do those things because before long I would be chasing him around and wishing he was immobile again.  I thought to myself that he was right but I don't think I got to the point where I appreciated his lack of mobility.  Then the third time around I have to say that I have taken full advantage of these months where I could put Luke on the floor and know that when I went back to pick him up he would be pretty much right where I left him... even once he started rolling to get around he wasn't one to roll himself to a completely different location.  Well, that has all changed now.  He is E-V-E-R-Y-W-H-E-R-E!!!  And by everywhere I mean down the hall and into another room before I realize he's gone.

I took this video the day he started really crawling... I love how slow and methodical it is at the beginning.  It didn't take long for him to put it all together into a fluid motion and when that happened there was no stopping him!! 
I also love this video because it kind of shows what our evenings have been like lately... Chase's normal time to write and work on his letters is normally after dinner so he was sitting down with Daddy after finishing up his writing and they were going over his words.  Jacob was hitting the ball with his bat and running around.  Luke was happily playing on the floor and I took a quick break from my normal (dishes, laundry, picking up around the house) to take this quick video.

After Luke started crawling everywhere I realized pretty quickly that I no longer had to only worry about keeping the carpet clean but I now needed to worry about all the crumbs that are dropped at each meal time by the big boys.  If there are crumbs to find, he is going to find them!!  The big boys thought it was so funny to come in the room and see Luke under the table!
This is one of his tricks... he started doing this long before he started crawling.  At one point we wondered if he would learn to stand up and walk before crawling.  He gets up on his tip toes and will then walk his legs up towards his body until he can't go any farther.  Thankfully he hasn't gone head first into anything... yet! :)
Luke loves to be on the floor and will play so happily for a very long time!  At times he will lay propped up on one arm and watch a little bit of what the boys are watching.  One his favorite toys to play with is his strawberry teether... it vibrates when he bites down on it and he loves it!  I don't think these were being made when the big boys were teething ... I think it would have come in handy.
Again, he finds a way to spot every piece of lint, trash, food or dirt laying on my floor.  I guess when your whole life is spent on the floor and you're up close and personal with everything down there it's fun to try to pick up as much as you can! :)
And this is the face I get when I either move him away from whatever it is that he has found, when I take it from his hands or when I have to dig something out of his mouth (which happens more than I care to admit)!
Life is so rough for a little guy sometimes.... thankfully we don't see this face very often.

No comments:

Post a Comment