Saturday, November 6, 2010

Halloween 2010

Halloween this year was pretty low key for us.  I purchased a costume last year that I knew would fit again this year and had another costume passed down to us from a great friend in Greenville.  Last year Chase dressed up as a fireman (in a costume that will probably fit him until he is 10) and Jacob was a fire truck.  This year I had the fireman costume and a doctor costume for the boys to choose from.  I was thinking Chase would be the doctor to mix it up a bit but when the costumes came out Halloween weekend he was very adamant about being the fireman.  And because Jacob's personality is to be good with whatever, it was fine with me!  So, without having to spend a penny on costumes this year, Chase was a fireman, Jacob was the cutest doctor ever & Luke wore a borrowed pea in a pod costume from his Aunt Becky.
The cutest fireman and doctor around!
The big boys dressed and ready with their pails!
My three boys, Halloween 2010
Quick side note about the above two pictures: I'm so used to photographing Chase and Jacob that sometimes I forget I have another child to add into the pictures.  That night I had gotten a few really good pictures of them on Grandma's fire place before going out to trick-or-treat and we were literally on our way out the door when I remembered I had another child who needed to be dressed up and that I needed a group picture with all my boys.  One day I'm sure I'll get used to having three children to get into pictures together but it hasn't happened yet :)  This also happened while back at the pumpkin patch a few weeks ago.  I put the big boys in a wagon with a few pumpkins and started snapping away.  All of the sudden I remembered I was holding my third child and it would be nice to have pumpkin patch pictures with all my boys.  And some days when running errands I seriously have to turn around and double check that I have all three boys in the car before pulling out of the driveway... I picture myself pulling away and leaving Luke sitting in his car seat in the house (which hopefully with never happen)!  Am I just sleep deprived or is that God's way of saying three's enough!? :)  Anyways... back to Halloween:
Our tradition for Halloween is becoming that Grandma's house has to be the first house we ring the door bell and trick-or-treat.  The boys really had the hang of it this year and were pretty good about alternating who got to ring the door bell.  If we weren't on top of it then the poor people who's house we were at would have their door bell rang 500 times! :)
The boys were so grown up as they walked from house to house.  Because we were on the side walk most of the time they wanted to walk on their own and would grab a hand when it was time to cross the street.  Jacob enjoyed walking back to the car with Grandma!
This is how Luke enjoyed Halloween this year.  I almost didn't dress him up because I knew he would be snuggled up in someone's arms but I did anyways.  I'm happy I did because he was a pretty cute pea in a pod but I was thankful he slept in Daddy's arms instead of fussing because of how tired he was!  What a good baby He has blessed us with!!!

And just for kicks, here are two pictures comparing Chase in the same costume two years in a row.  You can see just how much he has grown up and changed!!
He definitely filled out the costume a little bit better this year but with how small he is he still has a good, oh, 5 years before out growing it!  Maybe I should keep putting him in this costume every Halloween until he does out grow it just to see how many years it will fit him :)  Best twenty bucks I ever spent!!

Halloween this year was so much fun!  Both the boys knew exactly what to do this year, were polite when people answered the door and loved collecting so much candy. So far it has been a good bribe to use when going down for naps... they are able to each pick one treat out of their bucket before naps and put it on the table at their places.  If they go down for naps without me or Charles having to go in to correct them then they get their treat when they wake up.  It has worked like a charm and I love being able to put them in their room for naps and not have to remind them 10 times that it is time to go to sleep! :)  I can't believe that next year we'll have three walking around trick-or-treating!!

No comments:

Post a Comment