Friday, December 16, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

The day before the kids got out for Thanksgiving Chase's school had a Thanksgiving feast that I went to help out with.  The kids were so cute dressed up like Indians and they all enjoyed their feast.  Chase was so proud to have me at his school.

This year for Thanksgiving we went down to Hilton Head to enjoy a few relaxing days with my family.  I was really looking forward to the break... our weeks and weekends have been so full of things that it was so nice to think about a few days of sitting around, not having to go anywhere and no running back and forth to school.  I know I said this a few months ago, but school really changes our daily routine.... and he's only in preschool.  I can't imagine what next year will be like when I will be dropping one off for kindergarten and one off for preschool.  I am kind of looking forward to when the two oldest are in the same school and on the same schedule.  I know I will feel this way even more this time next year!!  But at the same time, I definitely don't want to rush the next year and a half because it's a little sad to think about both of the big boys being in full day school.  Anyways, the idea of a break was much needed and anticipated!!
We left for Hilton Head on Tuesday after school.  We took our time getting down there, stopping half way for dinner.  We set up our portable dvd players... we put one facing the back where both of the big boys could see it and the other turned around so Luke could also watch.  They did so great on the drive down and thankfully the traffic was not as bad as I was thinking it was going to be.  We spent the next three days enjoying time with my parents, grandparents and my brother and his family.  I worked out a little, worked a little taking my sister-in-law's maternity pictures and spent a lot of time in the kitchen.  The time in the kitchen with my grandma, mom and sister-in-law was so much fun and I wouldn't trade that time for anything!!  The boys also had such a great time together.  This was really the first time that Eli played with my boys... he and Jacob were inseparable... I think those two are going to be best buddies every time we get together!
On Friday we ventured out to the outlets but only to go in one store for a few things I needed.  It was crowded and I wouldn't have wanted to spend any more time out there than we did.  I'm looking forward to going back when I'm down in January and spending a little more time browsing! :)

I was so thankful that my grandparents decided to come up.  They stayed home last year and it just wasn't the same without them.  I was having a really hard time thinking of being without them for a second year in a row and I was so happy when they called to tell me they had decided to come up.  Our time with them is always so special and I am so thankful for the health that the Lord has given them and allowed them to be this involved in my kid's lives.  They were always so involved in our lives growing up and now both sets of parents are really involved in our kid's lives.  I love seeing how much our kids look forward to being around GG & Goomba, Nana & Pop-Pop and Ginga & Jupe.  Moments captured like the ones below just melt my heart!!
 It was a great break but on Saturday it was time to get home.  We wanted to beat the traffic so we got up Saturday morning, had breakfast and drove home.  It was nice to have Saturday to get unpacked, get ready for church and get back in the swing of things before the new week started.

No comments:

Post a Comment