Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Today's the day!

Today has finally come... since the end of December I have looked so forward to today to meet our newest little one and it is finally here.  In some ways, this pregnancy has gone by so fast but in other ways it seems that it has been forever since I took that pregnancy test.  I slept much better last night than I thought I would and woke up hungry, just like I knew I would.  Sad that I probably won't see food until at least later tonight or possibly even in the morning.  I know once my little one is here I won't think twice about anything else.  I'm anxious about the pain that I know is coming but I also know that it passes and doesn't last forever.  I'm anxious about getting Luke here safely.... but all those anxieties thankfully go away with knowing that He is holding me and Luke and my family in His hands.  We are so thankful that He has blessed us with another little one, to love and nurture, to train and teach.  What a blessing and huge responsibility!  But this post is about more than how I am feeling today... it seems like just the other day that Chase was born and just yesterday that Jacob joined our family.

 Chase, born on 12/19/2006 at 5:13 a.m.

Jacob, born on 3/13/2008 at 11:20 a.m.

I can't get over how fast time goes by and how quickly they change and grow up.  I can't wait to see Chase & Jacob with Luke.  Chase is especially excited and I think he really understands what is about to happen and how things will change.  Jacob, on the other hand, doesn't really get it and I think he is a little anxious about everything.  He has been super clingy and a little fussy the last week or so and I'm hoping that changes once he sees his little brother and realizes he is now the big brother.  I am ready to hold and snuggle Luke as much as I possibly can because I know just how quickly that time passes and before you know it they are ready to sleep in their own beds and not as willing to fall asleep on your shoulder.  I am so thankful for today, so ready to hear his little voice and see his face, and so excited to become a family of 5.  Thank you, everyone, for your encouraging words and all the prayers.  They mean so much to me and to Charles and we can't wait for you all to meet the newest Smoak later today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment