Tuesday, February 9, 2010

First Pictures of baby #3 and lots to catch up on!

We were able to see our third little miracle on ultrasound last Friday and it was amazing!  With the boys, I always had an ultrasound at my first appointment at 6 weeks.  At that point you can see a yolk sac and a bean for a baby.  This ultrasound, being 5 weeks later, was so different!  It was amazing to see a completely formed little baby, with fingers and toes, a very strong heartbeat, and very active!  This baby was kicking, moving his/her arms all over the place, and flipping completely over.  I fell in love immediately and can't wait for this little one to join the family.  I know this time is going to go by so quickly... I am focusing on enjoying the boys for these next months because when the baby comes things will definitely change a little bit.  I'm excited to see how much they both are going to change between now and then and how much they are going to grow up.  Jacob has a lot of changes to go through... beginning with getting into a big boy bed sometime in the next few weeks.  Then in June we're hoping to move the boys into the same room and bunk the beds.  Chase is really excited about that but he needs to learn how to be quiet and considerate of his brother when he is sleeping... and I need to learn how to relax and not worry about who is waking who up.  The video monitor may need to go out the window for a little while! :)  Anyways, here are a few pictures of our little munchkin.

 
This baby has his/her legs crossed at the ankles.  I loved seeing this because this is the way Jacob always was in utero... always had his legs crossed at the ankles and to this day he still sits and sleeps that way!  This baby is already trying to be like his/her big brother :)

Tiny little baby feet.  Amazing!!!

 
Already being a little bit shy.  People keep asking me if I have a feeling one way or the other as to what this baby is and I go back and forth between boy and girl.  Right now my feeling is boy!  People also keep asking me if I am really hoping for a girl... I know it sounds cheesy but I just want a healthy baby, boy or girl!!!

The boys are doing good.   We went through a rough few weeks of both of them being pretty sick.  Chase was able to shake it off without having to go on antibiotics but Jacob, not so much!  He ended up having walking pneumonia... a mild case, but pneumonia none the less. He went on a very strong antibiotic for 3 days and I am so happy to say that he is completely over it.  No more cough and he is finally back to his normal, happy self!!!   The boys have been having a lot of fun with each other lately, which is a nice change from a few weeks ago where I felt like I needed a striped shirt and a whistle... it seemed like their only goal each day was to see how much they could aggravate the other!  Here are a few recent pictures of them... we are so ready for spring so we can get out of this house!!!!!


Chase and Daddy working on the train table, adding in all of the fun pieces from Aunt Sarah, Uncle Matt, and cousins McKenzie, Maddie, & Micah!!

 
Snuggling together in Chase's bed.  Chase is so excited to have his brother start sleeping on the bottom bunk. 

  
Our Junior Firefighter :)  Chase actually puts on all the gear, slides down his "pole" (basketball goal), drives his fire truck, puts out fires, and goes back to the station (his room).  Chase has quite the imagination these days, which Jacob picks up on very quickly!!

  
Close up of my little man... he won't be the baby for much longer.  He turns 2 next month!! TWO!!!!!!  Where does the time go?!?!

 
Chase is working on recognizing his letters and even learning how to write them.  He was so proud of writing his very first D.

  
Last one for this post... a close up of my handsome man.  He is growing up so fast and is so excited about this baby.  He talks all the time about helping take care of the baby and what toys he wants to share with "her"... he is convinced this baby is a girl, but either way he is going to be so excited to have a baby around.  He definitely got his love of little ones and a gentle way around them from his Mommy!!!

I have a few more posts coming soon!  Sorry it has been so long... being sick is no fun but having a very sick little one is even worse!  Hoping we can stay healthy for a little while now!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love seeing the pics of your little boys! It gives me an idea of what our little Grayson will be like really soon. I can't wait to hear about the baby. I wish we lived close so we could get together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We HAVE to come soon...I miss them so much (you and Charles too!)
    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete